- Masters degree in Education with a focus on Higher Education Administration
- Masters in Public Administration
- Post-graduate certification in College Counseling through the University of California, Los Angeles.
Prior to founding Louis Educational Consulting in 2014, Jean spent nine years working as an administrator at a public mid-size college in New York. During his tenure as an Enrollment Management Officer, he helped students achieve success by supporting each freshman. He counseled a diverse student population regarding registration and billing issues, enrollment, financial aid, and how to stay on track with the academic workload and graduate as scheduled. This experience taught him that there is no “one-size-fits-all” because each student is unique. Such an experience has helped him better understand what makes a college or university the “right fit” for a student.
With each student’s priority in mind, he tailors his company’s services to fit each client’s needs. He sets goals that highlight each applicant by challenging them to focus and be prepared to tackle the challenges of being a college student. His strategic approach has proven to be effective and invaluable to his clients.
He attends and presents at various conferences every year and spends more than one thousand hours in webinars discussing and contributing to topics within the profession. Also, he Chairs some affinity groups and hosts events within his professional membership. In addition, he liaises and has developed professional relationships with educational establishments throughout the US, UK, and Europe.
His professional affiliations include:
- The American Institute of Certified educational Planners (AICEP)
- National Association for College Admissions Counseling (NACAC)
- Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA)
- Professional Member of the Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA).
Regional memberships include:
- New York State Association for College Admissions Counseling (NYSACAC)
- Westchester, Putnam, Rockland Counseling Association (WPRCA)
Jean has in-depth knowledge about the financial aid process and scholarships with access to the availability of local and national scholarship programs. Furthermore, he has worked with athletes and has an in-depth knowledge of the NCAA requirements for athletic eligibility.
He gives back to the community through his continued involvement and support as an essay reader for the Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage. He also coordinated a mentorship program for youths at the White Plains Youth Bureau.